Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another great day on the Upper Bay with Plasticfish and Headwind (Barnacle Bill). We left the dock at 1 pm and were on fish by 2 pm and caught our limit in no time then practiced catch and release. Catch was between 20 and 26 inches. We were LTJ with crippled elwives and other metal jigs with teasers, twice we caught two keepers on a single line. Things slowed down when the tide started running strong so about 4:30 we called it a day. This was the fourth good trip in a row. UB is red hot!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Thanks for the report and nice Pic!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am jealouse! I have enjoyed thirty years of successfull trolling in the upper bay. I wish I could learn how to ltj, like you 3. I promise, if you show me how; wont go when you r out there.

Gary Greenfield
443-610-6000

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
I am jealouse! I have enjoyed thirty years of successfull trolling in the upper bay. I wish I could learn how to ltj, like you 3. I promise, if you show me how; wont go when you r out there.

Gary Greenfield
443-610-6000
Gary, This the point of my post about the Force. It's not all that hard. PM me if you need help. Just another way to enjoy the bay. Jack

·
Tidal Fish Commercial Subscriber - I support Tidal
4,747 Posts
This is the Original M&M Bunch in the Picture

M&M Bunch: Thanks for sharing your trip with us.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Let me get this straight&#8230;.last time we fished together we caught a few extra small stripers. Since then you've been catching some big ones.
<o:p></o:p>
Guess I'm the skunk? :eek2:

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
M&M Bunch: Thanks for sharing your trip with us.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Let me get this straight&#8230;.last time we fished together we caught a few extra small stripers. Since then you've been catching some big ones.
<o:p></o:p>
Guess I'm the skunk? :eek2:
I don't think your the skunk . I am catching fish using methods I learned from you.

·
Registered
404 Posts
fishin

Hey.............those "perch" were good. Actually just finished eating 2 of the 22" fillets ( with the help of family members), Rolled it in Louisiana Seasoned Fish Fry and added alittle Cajun seasonings...............two beers and I was good to go.

The most fun on today's trip was when Bill and Don did double hook ups and the fish ended up all in the 22-24 inch range and I got trapped in the middle with a single hook-up. Rods were being passed back and fourth on several ocassions as these fish ran in opposite directions of one another.

We're staying in tomorrow...gusts of 25 predicted. M & M Bunch

Edit: Forgot to mention, did hook up one 25 incher loaded with sores............

·
Tidal Fish Commercial Subscriber - I support Tidal
4,747 Posts
Alley Cat: Thanks for the kind words, but I don't think so&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Plasticfish93: Wind, winds, so what, don't you have one of those funny looking catamaran boats?<o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
WTG guys!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Fishin

Tom, actually need an excuse not to fish tomorrow..........for one--I got mom duty, ( which I don't mine). two--my SUV REDEO transmission is gone and they are putting a new rebuilt in it-----it's a 2002 and it came with a 10/125,000 mile powertrain warranty. So I wrong have my tow vehicle back until Thursday........but "0" cost to me.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Fishin

Brad....we did catch fish up to 26 inches...................most of our fish were in the 21-24 inch range. The fish we are holding aren't 26 inchers ( nor did we say that)..............we caught a total today of approx. 25 keepers size fish. Normally the first keepers we get go in the box 18" or better. Once the box has our limit, ( which was 6 today) we practice catch & release. We always use circle hooks etc..... if the bigger ones come later that the way it is.......we don't swap out. Actually last week, on one of our trips, we actually released all the fish we caught.

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
thanks for reporting again guys, nice job finding the feesch

appreciate the upper bay intel, don't know if folks are fishing more now, finding fish more often or just chosing to report more. Any way, it's nice to see.

Hopefully I'll be out Sunday AM but with UM homecoming Saturday you never know. :beergood::chugbeer::D

TIGHT LINES!!!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I can confirm the fishing was good last night in the upper bay every where I stopped I pulled a rock out ended at the mouth of the patap all LT....its on no blues caught:yes:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts