Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday with the constant NW wind I needed to find a place where I could be mostly out of the wind, shallow water anchor and still be within casting distance of where I might find some pullage, any pullage.
I got set up, caught some small bait to use as cut bait and let-her rip.
Fish were in 7+/- of water with an outgoing tide/current.
Heaviest was 19lbs and FAT.
Not true monsters by any means but was still fun.

Fin Seafood Fish Fish products Food
Blue Fish Communication Device Water Engineering
Fish Fin Ray-finned fish Rectangle Seafood
Food Seafood Fish Shark Fin
Food Vertebrate Fin Seafood Fish

·
Registered
14,330 Posts
Are those blues in all the upper bay rivers? I gotta take my kids out for those sometime
The big blues are in the Potomac near DC. The biggest I have heard caught in the Bay is 32". If you fish in the Potomac, your kids would have a blast. I catch 30-40 almost every time.........Gary

·
Registered
11,249 Posts
Monday with the constant NW wind I needed to find a place where I could be mostly out of the wind, shallow water anchor and still be within casting distance of where I might find some pullage, any pullage.
I got set up, caught some small bait to use as cut bait and let-her rip.
Fish were in 7+/- of water with an outgoing tide/current.
Heaviest was 19lbs and FAT.
Not true monsters by any means but was still fun.

. View attachment 279861 View attachment 279862 View attachment 279863 View attachment 279864 View attachment 279865 View attachment 279866 View attachment 279861

·
Registered
11,249 Posts
The Susquehanna river fishermen have been catching them all summer . 30 # are common everyday catches now , Quite a few 30-35in. Stripers being caught on topwater lures too . I haven't fished the Bay once this year .

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are those blues in all the upper bay rivers? I gotta take my kids out for those sometime

People catch them around Pooles. These were just north of that location.
There is a thread here somewhere where I caught a 43lb blue in March up in the Susquehanna. That is my PB.

·
Registered
11,249 Posts
People catch them around Pooles. These were just north of that location.
There is a thread here somewhere where I caught a 43lb blue in March up in the Susquehanna. 43# is the biggest I've heard of so far. I believe the susquehanna will hold the state record for Blue Cat in a few years. They're in all the rivers up here but not the bigger ones like in the Susqy or in the Bay yet. I think the record in US is 140 # . I've caught 1 around 10# and the rest around 5# in the Gunpowder . Pools Island is just out from the Gunpowder Those old broom stick Striper trolling rods that alot of trollers still have might come in handy in a few years . Don't throw them away or use them for tomato stakes just yet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts