Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got off work this afternoon determined to get out...got blown out wed so made a call to my buddy larry Nimmo.....he picked me up and off we went to the upper bay area,.....JP had called me at work and reported a good bite so I was ready...
Found working birds right away......caught a few smallies.....kept going from pod to pod and finally we found what we were looking for......used Topwater....BKD's on 3/4oz jigheads....but best lure by far was a 2oz Braid metal jig and dropper fly.....

Got our limit up to 26".....lost a couple good ones right at the boat that were for sure bigger than 26"........Bigger fish were all caught after the birds went by.....on the outside of the pods of fish....
Great news is NO BLUES today!......Water temp was *60..........
here's some bird action.....
Here's a shot of a double I had...not sure of the size of these, but nice healthy fish today.....
Really high tides this afternoon....with a strong outgoing the whole time we were fishing.......
First time this year that metal outfished plastics.....
Very little boat traffic....I saw two boats trolling...No LTJers.......
Hope to be out Wed....but may be out sooner........:D
Fishing is really good right now.........

Attachments

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Nice, Jamie. :thumbup: I might just have to go out this wkend :clapping2:..............

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Where 'bout in the upper bay? Some call the BB upper but to some (Me included) the upper is the Sass, Elk, etc. Just curious I was out of Rock Hall and anround the BB yesterday with nothing but blues, good bite but blues. Thanks

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Damn Jamie.....I Fish down your way and all the Fish are gone[from you catchin' them all] and now you're in My Backyard takin' 'em!:D:DHope to get out soon.Most likely they will be gone by the time I do!:wacko:Nice Job on the Fish! [Mike]

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
wait a minute, Jamie fishing on a Friday and in the upper bay!!!

what gives!!!

yeah, how far upper bay cause that's a ton of birds for up here.

Thanks for reporting and nice pics!!!

TIGHT LINES!!!

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Nice Jamie - wish I'd known you were out this evening, I would've hollered at you. Sounds like you had some fun! Glad to see you back on the water.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
thanks for the report Jamie.:thumbup:

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Leon....thanks....haven't been out as much as I would like.....
Zam........:D
Ches bay jam...pretty close to where you were........:))
Mike....hey bro...how ya been....only had a small window of opportunity and these fish were close to the ramp....
Dirty...there were at least 5 pods of working birds when at different times.......
Jack...Alive and getting' warmed up for some real pullage.........
RogerT.........don't usually fish up this end anymore...but it was fun...will be back Wed...or maybe sooner......
Shawn...I wasn't that far from you actually...wish I had thought of calling you in......was a blast.....
Trophy...thanks

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
jamie we gotta get together one day and see what kind of damage we can do. noce report, good fishing.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hey nice post can't wait to get back out there. The boat is being serviced and will be ready to fish in short order. Bring on the Bigguns!!:D

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Now waitaminute. How come you white out the background when your "mid-Bay" but leave it in when your fishing north? Sounds like a good day.

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Unlce Phil...these days you gotta try it all.......
Kyler...I'm ready when you are.........:thumbup:
Tom...thanks
Hammer........I had to work today anyway..........:D
Hank..Hope you're feeling better...I'm ready for some blood and Massive carnage!.......
Morono....Uh-Oh!.......:eek:

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
That's what I've been doing waiting for all the dinks to go by before the fun begins.:D:D:D

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hank it's gonna keep getting better from here on out.....you coming down this week?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts