Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched at Flying Point Park, looking for blue cats. Never caught one and it’s on my bucket list. Headed toward the mouth of the river and found a good spot to set up. Only took nightcrawlers. This was a spur of the moment trip, cause my “lady friend" only ever trout fished before. First cast she hooked an 8 to 10lb blue cat before I had my rod rigged. Unfortunately, my last trip with the boat was “gator” hunting in florida so I had no net…tried to leader it over the gunnel and the hook pulled. Caught 20 or so channel cats and she caught another blue, but much smaller. Kept 10, total. Only one blue, but they were delicious. Blue was better than channels. Lot of boats crabbing. Great day!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Launched at Flying Point Park, looking for blue cats. Never caught one and it’s on my bucket list. Headed toward the mouth of the river and found a good spot to set up. Only took nightcrawlers. This was a spur of the moment trip, cause my “lady friend" only ever trout fished before. First cast she hooked an 8 to 10lb blue cat before I had my rod rigged. Unfortunately, my last trip with the boat was “gator” hunting in florida so I had no net…tried to leader it over the gunnel and the hook pulled. Caught 20 or so channel cats and she caught another blue, but much smaller. Kept 10, total. Only one blue, but they were delicious. Blue was better than channels. Lot of boats crabbing. Great day!

Nice!
I catch a lot of bluecats.
But gators are more fun!

Automotive tire Plant Tableware Cup Motor vehicle

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
839 Posts
I was part of the relief effort after hurricane Katrina and I was killing 2 gators a day to feed people.

Reactions: SteveL

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
839 Posts
I can tell you that .556 will ricochet off their heads if you don't hit them right, lol.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

1 - 18 of 18 Posts