Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Booked a trip with Capt Brians guide service on Wednesday. Beautiful day, didn't feel like November. Found stripers almost within minutes of leaving the boat ramp. First fish was a chunky 21 incher on a rattle trap. Tide was quickly moving out so we moved further down the river so we wouldn't miss the rips. Well nothing much happened until the tide switched and then we found schools of rock. Ended up with over 70 stripers at which point we gave up counting. Boated 4 over 20 inches, most caught in 10-15 ft of water on jigging spoons. Brian told me that this has not been an unusual day since for the last 4 weeks he has been on these schools with some days when his customers called it quits early do to sore arms/shoulders. You can reach him at [email protected] or 610-996-4735.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
We were out there yesterday as well...beautiful day on the water but not nearly the success you had. Caught a mixed bag...a handful of really fat shorts, lots of WP, 1 YP & the always reliable and sometimes PITA catfish. Funny how well the bent rod sonar works. Most everything caught while bouncing metal in 12 - 18'. Caught a few rock in 3 - 4' ripping sub-surface lures. Sounds like Capt. Brian knows his stuff. Glad you had a good (great) day.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I did my usual topwater foray last evening, but the hard bluebird skies and a less than ideal current kept things slow, only had 2-3 blowups and couldn't connect. Getting ready to head out and see if things are better in the fog. should have peak current around noon.
Pat in Joppa

1 - 4 of 4 Posts