Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have fished Hodges most of the Season and have had great results, the best year I have ever had. I caught White Perch, Yellow Perch, Spot, Croaker,Blues, Rock,Red Fish, Cat Fish, Toad Fish, a Flounder and yesterday a Speckled Trout. I will try to post the Speck but computers and I are always fighting. I sure hope that this becomes the norm and the Upper Bay keeps producing these results. Who knows maybe these fish have always been here and maybe I am becoming a better fisherman.

·
Registered
11,073 Posts
It's possible these fish may become more common in the upper bay if dry weather causing higher salinity & warmer water temps continue with the global warming trend.This also keeps the bay cleaner from reduced nutrient loading and other pollution runoff.In addition,these species have seen more conservative protection from over exploitation. Some states to our south have no sale laws where they are the most popular inshore sportsfish generating much revenue through recreation from the resident public as well as tourism making them more plentiful.You may be coming a better fisherman-but you still can't catch them if they're not there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts