Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the upper Chowan this morning from Meherrin River up to just passed Gatlington. Longlined beetle spins and jigs. Managed 45 white perch, 2 crappie, a bass and 4 rock. Most of the fish were in about 8 to 12 fow. Water temp started off about 63 but was up to almost 67 when I came in. There were a lot of other folks out there but I didn't see much being caught. Caught about 5 casting, the rest trolling. You get a lot of funny looks whenyou're trolling 8 rods and everybody else is either casting with one rod or anchored up bottom rigging:D. Water seemed to be a little cloudy. Guess from all the rain last night. But over all, it was a great day on the water. My six year old wore himself out reeling in fish and casting. Maybe next time I can catch one of them tagged perches I seen advertised at the boat ramp!:thumbup::thumbup:

Tootsie Roll

·
Registered
839 Posts
glad ya got out and caught some tootsie roll. glad ya could put the kid on some fish:clapping2::clapping2::wink44:
PHP:
.. so how'd ya come up with that name anyways... use tootsie rolls for crappie nibbles?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PP- My ex girlfriends dad, whom I hunted with, called me that one day because I ate almost a whole five pound bag of em by myself. It has stuck. Most of my friends don't even know my real name. Wish it was more exotic, but that's it in a nutshell.

Rooster, I've put over at the dowry before, but it ain't worth the trip up that dirt path, with no parking in the middle of the trees. I usually put over at shoops landing beside the winton bridge. It's not but a ten minute boat ride from the island. Some of the perch were nice, 10 to 11 inches, but more 8-9 inch males than I expected. The bigger of the two crappie was 10 inches.

Dustdew, as for the pics, I got to get me a digital camera. Wife won't let me take hers. I don't have no idea why! My phone doesn't have a camera because we can't have em at work. By the time I get home, I forget all about taking pics cause I'm trying to get em cleaned and everything put up. I will see what I can do, though.

Tootsie Roll

1 - 7 of 7 Posts