Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried again yesterday for walleye in brutal conditions. The wind was whipping down river and there was no hiding from it. Figured the river would have cleared more prior to yesterday but that wasn't the case. 6 inches of visibility. Not good. Got the skunk but gave it the old college try from 3-5:30pm. No walleye, no fish. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Just read through some archive reports of mine. On this exact day last year the Potomac river was flowing at the exact same conditions and I had one of my best walleye outings in 10 years of targeting walleye and 20 something years in fishing the Potomac. The only difference was probably the clarity. <o:p></o:p>
Last year I had 13,000cfs at Point of Rocks, exact same today. Clarity last year was a couple feet and green, yesterday was a few inches and brown. Today is probably quite a lot better though. Probably almost perfect today. <o:p></o:p>
Last year water temp 5 degrees C at little falls, today, just under that. So, don't let low 40 degree water temp discourage you. I think I just need the wind to settle down some and the water clarity to improve just slightly. <o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
You're hardcore man.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Way to go, man. I have caught Walleye in really miserable weather up here in the Susky. Many days I have been rewarded with a nice fish after clearing ice from the guides or running to the truck to dry off or warm up... Yea man that's good stuff. The brown water usually does not produce for me either... if you can find and edge of clearer water maybe by a feeder creek that has already cleared the Walleys should be right there... good luck...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts