Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You see, I have this squirrel problem. I don't mind them in the back yard frolicking around, but when they get into the 'ol homestead via the eves...it's war!!:D

Smoked him at 20 paces with a blowdart gun. He was graveyard dead before he hit the ground.

Hey, once a hunter...always a hunter.

He will reside in my house no more.....

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, 20 paces might have been a strech. Shoot, what's pace anyways?? You got me curious though. So I measured it last night. That shot was 44'. Still not bad in my book. However with that said. I have hit them from alot farther than that. This was my first drop dead shot. And I miss about 50% of the time now. Mostly because they are jumping the blow. Yep, I educated them.:D I'm going to take a break to get them back in their comfort zone.;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Funny story time.....My dad use ta have a running war with tha squarels ta see who would get the most pecans off the 2 nice trees in the yard. He tried havaheart traps but later resorted to a pellet gun. The busy body, snoopy lady that lived behind us didn't like it AT ALL and called the ccps. A Portsmouth cop pulled round the corner and caught my dad flat footed...My dad lucked out....he knew the cop very well.....the cop told him to be careful from now on. This was in the early 1960s. Dad got a few of the little monsters but lost the war and he never did get a pecan pie from his trees. It's funny looking back now but then it was serious combat ! !

·
Registered
311 Posts
Man than blowgun bring back some memories. My 1st year in high school, my buddy and I ordered two blowguns from the back of a Field&Stream. I had the most fun with that gun! I even used it for shooting frogs for bait along the creek near my house. The craziest thing we did was making poisonous darts for it. The guns even came with directions on how to make them. Boil some tobacco leaves and them let them simmer as you stir the liquid, which eventually turns to a paste. Then you would wrap the dart (on the wire, but not on the tip to prevent self inflicting) with masking tape, score the tape and then you would smear the paste on and let then dry. Biggest thing I killed with one was a rabbit. The nicotine effects the central nervous system and apparently causes paralysis. GOOD TIMES! ;)

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts