Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,
This is my first northern neck posting...a friend and I are going out on Monday between 8 and 10 trolling...I have two questions 1. I spotted a creek/inlet near Urbanna...are there pups or specks potentially in there now?...or have they gone mostly dormant...? 2. While the Norris bridge is up a fair ways, is it a fishing friendly area...has anyone done anything decent around there like the CBBT/MMBT etc...any info is appreciated...I have already picked up a lot reading through the threads...Bill

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I don't think you will find any action in any of the creeks around Urbanna (Urbanna Crk, Robinson Crk, Lagrange Crk) for pups or specks. Those fish have moved on. You best shot will be trolling between the markers you mentioned or even down to the bridge for rockfish. The bridge is not that far from the markers depedning on your boat and the conditions. Small boat then pick you day carefully with these water temps and quickly changing conditions. I would imagine rockfish are around the bridge pilings for jigging and eeling. I would try trolling between the bridge and the upsteam markers to Greenvale or even down to Mosquito Point. This cold snap could have run the rock off too but they may still be out there if there is bait around. I am interested in seeing reports from this weekend to see if they are still out there.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...

Thought as much about the creek...hopefully there are still some rock in the river for the picking...

·
Registered
94 Posts
had 3 monster rocks trash my tackle saturday at the bidge to mosquito run . didnt land any but 1 broke the end of the rod before breakin the line , another broke a 80 lbs leader between no 3 planer and 9 inch storm shad bunker , they are there , good luck

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would stick to trolling for rockfish as mentioned above. Need to try to catch the specks and pups in the above mentioned creeks by about late October.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts