Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was spooling up my LTJ reels with new Power Pro last night. After I pulled the old off the first reel I looked at it and thought..."I hate to throw that away, 50% of that is still in good shape".

So I went out to the ever growing pile of fishing STUFF in the garage and pulled out a few old spools of fly tying floss. Stuff that was way to thin for saltwater, so I cut it off. After finding the appropriate hardware (long bolt, washers, nut) I put it into my cordless drill and loaded the spools up with the old braid.

I'm thinking it will be great for use on bucktails and dropper fly's.

·
Premium Member
3,712 Posts
Great idea Eric!

I was going to suggest you to go to the beach in OC, find a fine looking 21 year old and have her wear a strand around her chest as a bikini top:clap:

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All good suggestions, especially Tom's!

Bob, thought about that but I didn't have enough braid on the reels. While making long casts, especially at the cbbt, it would get snagged on the uni-uni knot connecting the mono backing. This time, there's just enough mono for the braid not to slip.

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
couple coats of sally hansons hard as nails smoothes out the uni-uni line to leader knots...

·
Registered
829 Posts
Give it to Jay (thedeaven) and he will make you a sweater out of it!:clapping2:

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
:clapping2: :clap: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Eric, I don't use any backing either, just a few wraps of old fashion white adhesive tape.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts