Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having engine problems (long story) on Saturday and before I pay a mechanic a big chunk of money to fix my engine I wanted to see what was out there to repower. I currently have a 2001 200hp Johnson 2 stroke carb outboard on a 23 ft Seaswirl WA. I really don't want to buy a new engine as I plan to get a bigger boat in the next 2-3 years. I know I won't get my money out of it if I repower with a NEW outboard. My boat is also a 2001 WA and used boats are in the high teens to low $20k if I were to sell my boat assuming I had a working engine. My boat is paid for. I saw that there are tons of places in FL to buy a used remanufactured engine, but I am trying to find a place near here. The dilema is I don't have a trailer so I would have to borrow one or dealer would need to bring the engine to the boat. --Boat is at Herrington Harbour. I am planning on having it moved to Herrington Harbour North for winter storage. If you guys know of any place to get a used 200-250 engine with at least a 1 year warranty that would be great. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
26,229 Posts
Find a copy of "Nor Easter" magazine or Mariner and look for an ad from Almar's outboards.They are not too far away and sell used/left over outboards with warranty.Most times they will take your old motor as a trade.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Almars in New Castle Delaware is great. I have also been in contact with guy who advertises on the Hull Truth, A-1 Outboards. They have a shop in PA and seem like good guys.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Almars outboards

Jack Aukamp
302-328-8541

I have never purchased from them, but when i was shopping they were at the top of the list. They have leftovers and even remanufactured outboards that have the same warranty as new.

-Mike

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks.

I am hoping my engine can be fixed for not too much, but wanted to have a back-up in case it can't. -Andy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts