Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i live back in a neighborhood and we have a few little man made ponds with some nice sized bass in em. how do i get ahold of these suckers. im a salt water fisherman but i dont have a lot of time to go as often as i like. so i need some sort of fishing to hold me over until i get out on my boat next. i have tryed a simple rig with squid, and also some crank baits i got from work. the squid just caught catfish and the crank baits just caught a lot of grass. any help?

·
Registered
320 Posts
if you don't have a small boat to get to them, try using a bullet weight that the line slides threw, then tie a 2alt hook on. buy some 4inch plastic worms, run the hook threw the head to the bend of the hook and run it up the shank and then stick the barb in the body of worm. this is called a carolinia rig. cast it out and let it settle on the bottom and then ease it back to you. you can also put a glass bead on before you tie the hook. when you do this it makes a rattle noise when you shake it. drives bass crazy. sorry for the long post but its hard to explain. good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks a lot, i have seen a few things like this done on the OLN :p i just like some reasurance. ill try this tomorrow.

But any specific color? black brown green i donooo

·
Registered
320 Posts
one hitting against the bullet weight will make enough noise to attrack the bass. let sink to the bottom and then shake the tip of the rod a little, wait a few seconds and ease it back to you a little at a time then stop it and shake again. i have very good luck doing this.

·
Registered
108 Posts
good information yost billy.

i would like to correct you and let you know that this rig is known was a texas rig.

a carolina rig is when you use an eggshaped or similar weight. run your line through the sinker,bead and then tie on a non-clip swivel. then cut a leader and tie that to the swivel. the fish will tell you the length of the leader to use. to start, about 18 inches will do. tie your hook to the leader and put on your plastic as you described and you will be fishing a carolina rig.

lizards, tubes, french fries all work good. some baits will hover above bottom when working this technique. like the 3X soft plastics.

good luck!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey Kurt I live of off Great next. Bmail me your phone number and we can get together and I will give you a hand with ideas and such aboutthose bass.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts