Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent the morning diving getting a couple nice spades and cobia (41" and 54"), then finished out the day with a few catch and release cobia caught on bucktails fished around bunker pods. Tons of bait between Cape Henry and the CLT with plenty of cobia mixed in following the schools. Today was just one of those few days where everything seemed to work out. Great day on the water! I got some cool stuff on my GoPro so I put together a little video from the day. Tight lines!

IMG952774.jpg
IMG_0344.jpg IMG952779.jpg

·
Registered
11,150 Posts
I swear I thought you were holding a big catfish. Now that's the way to have fun.Up here in the upper bay, the water is so murky, You can't see your hand in front of your nose underwater.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Thanks for the report and cool video. How many cobes did you see sight fishing the bait? We didnt see any on the schools inside the bay.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We saw about a dozen and were able to get a couple to grab bucktails. I don't like using eels when I'm just doing C&R because they sometimes get gut hooked with the live bait. There were probably a lot more, but my boat doesn't have a tower so we couldn't see them really until we were relatively close. They seemed to be on nearly every big school of bunker in the ocean, but once we got closer to the CBBT we stopped seeing them in the schools.

·
Registered
443 Posts
good job guys! awesome video. I can't wait to get my boat back from the shop so i can join in the fun……any idea of what the water reps are out at the tower?? and do you guys live on the south side or the peninsula?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Water temps at the tower were around 77-78 at the surface today, and VERY cold on the bottom. I live in West Point and trailer the boat down to crab creek a few times a summer when I get good weather.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Couldn't have asked for better weather! I have a 90CM Mako Predator pro that I put a reel on to shoot cobia. It gets the job done and is a great gun for the price, but i'll probably be looking to move up soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts