Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an eel trap and have been cathing a few eels. One of the eels is like 18-20 inches, Is that too big to catch the state record??;-) What are the best sizes to use down at the tunnel. I will be down there for a few days over Thanksgiving...any adice and are the concrete ships heating up yet?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Its not the motion in the ocean or the size of the boat, its the size of the eel, and no, the concrete ships, although I have not personally been over yet, has not yet heated up. I think some fish have been caught, but not in numbers.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Personally i wouldnt put out an eel that size...mostly because its just too big, and because i wouldnt want to have to cut open an eel to get the rockfish out of his stomach j/k. Id stick with a size a little bit smaller. Maybe anywhere between 12 to 16 inches. Then again, big bait = big fish...Heck if youve got a 6 rod spread of eels out, you might wanna just put him on one of em...It wont hurt anything.

Capt. Jordan

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
If you want a real cow, troll that eel. The larger fish love the larger eels! If you are floating/drifting with eels, them go with something a little smaller (12-16 in.).

·
Registered
270 Posts
I caught a 28 inch rock while wire lining with a 14 inch eel. I am sure that if a 28 will try to eat one that is half its length that a 40+ incher would love a 20 inch eel. I would certainly put it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts