Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone read the VA Pilot this morning? There is an article in the business section about the gazillion dollar condos that are going to be built where the restaurant, hotel, and marina are next to the HRBT.

I think TKAA should approach the developer at some point and see if they would allow a kayak/canoe access somewhere adjacent to that site. It could be a good PR move for them; paddling is a 'earth friendly' sport. The developer stated that the deal was not 'done' yet so we should probably wait until they are going to definately do the project. This huge condo development could limit our access to one of our favorite fishing spots.

Ruthless, any ideas?

Anyone else?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good idea....one aproach is to hit the city council with it early on and to keep on it util the project gets approved.
Kevin

·
Registered
132 Posts
THe million dollars condos are going up where the Duck Inn currently is standing. They sold it a few months back and have until later this fall I believe before they vacate the land. SO Crab Creek is not going to be a problem. We usually do not launch on that side where Duck Inn is anyway. But getting access would be great. If my mind does not fail me, there was mention of some kind of public access in that area. the newe land owners do not want to totally alienate the public. Lets hope it all works out well

·
Registered
130 Posts
This is a totally new developement for Norfolk and will be going to the right side of the HRBT after you cross the bridge from Hampton. It will eventually limit access unless you know the secret passageway. [wink]

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BayDaze, I know the secret passage way and I am taking some bolt cutters with me next time I go to make it even better! Problem is after the 300 condo units are built, there will be nowhere to park and much more likely to get in trouble when one of the residents see what you are doing.

There was another article in the paper today. It seems that the city has some control over the project; they own or will own some or all of the land before it is sold to the developer. NRHA can take the land they want. We can probably get a copy of the design plan for it. The city may be willing to offer something in the way of access. Kevin is right, probably better to get in there with an idea early.

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts