Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

Smoke Pole seasnon is once again upon us. Man I love this time of year. Hunt during the day - fish at night. Its gonna be hard to get sleep and work mixed in. Love it !!

I've been invited to start the season up at Cumberland State Forest in Cumberland County, Va. Never been there before and have never had the pleasure of hunting on State Forest Land anywhere before. Does anyone have any info they would be willing to share ? I have checked it out on the web but it doesn't give up any good ideas on where to go once you get there.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I haven't been there in several years;my one and only time was a TERRIBLE experience! TOOOO MANY HUNTERS. I walked in in the dark to an area we scouted the day before and at daylight had 3 other hunters within 50 yards. I moved to another area and had shots fired so close the pine cones were falling out of the trees above me (NO BULL)! I have friends that hunt there but I will NEVER GO THERE AGAIN.
I sure hope you have a better time than I. GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
47 Posts
Great place to hunt

I is a great place to hunt. I have hunted there for about 30 yrs and have had a aaallloootttt of success there. My 2 favorite spots are on the Willis River off of the Willis River Road and behind Winston Lake off McKinnley Forest Road. But like the other gentlemand said it can be crowded especially on doe day. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts