Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
---Sorry , wasen't able to find , to post----Capital yesterday had Intresting article on Virginia's new effort to control Cow nose Rays--Trying to find a market for these, wreckers of oyster beds & blue crab lovers ---I myself have tried in vain to find a market , advertised & spoke to buyers etc. in national fishermen etc.--The watermen could use a new market for these plentifull species ---Lets See ---Go Virginia !!!--[grin]

·
Registered
33 Posts
20+ years ago while on the York river fishing for spot I decided to keep one of those cow nose rays. I proceeded to cut into the wings and knew right away that those people that have said you can get "imitation" scallops from these knew nothing of which they spoke. You will have to see for yourself that the meat appears to be filled with worms, though they are probably only blood vessels. It is my understanding that the meat from sting rays is quite different. After the episode with the cow nose rays I am not willing to destroy the beast to find out. After all a scallop is a scallup, period.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
---The only reservation I have if & when a market is found,I hope it is a Compleate body market--Not a Fin market like Sharks--To fin Any of GOD's creatures is a Cardinal Sin---[angel]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts