Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water temps are dropping quickly with the cold weather we're having. Today 48 degrees at CBBT I hope we have a warm up soon or we'll all be running south to NC for them.

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Hank - Blue Thunder can probably run from CBBT to OI in an hour.:)

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JP your right I'll follow them all the way down to Key West if I have to.:D

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Hank-

There is a weather buoy at the CBBT. It recorded 52 yesterday and at 8:42 this morning it was 49.5. I think we have some time yet at the bridge. At least I hope to get down later this week.

I read about the bed bug epidemic at the Day's Inn in VA Beach. Makes you think twice about staying there. Anyone have any other suggestions for when fishing out of Rudee? I would rather pay a little more and not be eaten by bed bugs. I am not sure what bed bugs are. Can you see them? Are they a species of bugs or just any bug that happens to bite you when you are in bed?

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
WB - all I know is that they are very small and live in the matress, I think you can't see them with the naked eye. Somebody said Lysol might help.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You don't want to go anywhere that has bed bugs. They will infest your clothes, bags, etc. and that is how they spread from one location to another. Once you have them at home, it's a complete fumigation to rid yourselves of them. This is not to mention all the little bites you have to deal with. A friend got them at the Fairfield on Atlantic and obviously the chain wanted to keep it quiet so they made a 'settlement' - wasn't great but he didn't ask for much, all new clothes, new travel bags and some points to put him over 1,000,000 mark. There have been a couple recent lawsuits filed against a couple hotel chains for bed bugs but I am not sure of the outcome. Just think of the drop in business if it gets out that a specific chain has been infested! Not good for the hotel bus. Bottom line is do not stay at a hotel with BB's unless you want to bring them home with you.

Kyle

·
Tidal Fish Commercial Subscriber - I support Tidal
4,747 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,152 Posts
Are they bedbugs or dried up sea lice ?:eek: I'm betting these fish will stay up our way until spring.This cold blast will only affect the upper water temp. Skip

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Thanks Jerry-

You know the wind is howling and the temp is cold when we spend time reading about bed bugs.

I am going to inspect my beds in motels from now on for bugs and other creatures. I did find a live cockroach in a motel on the eastern shore this year. I killed the hearty little [email protected] and put him on the night stand. The cleaning staff must have thought he was a pet because they never removed him.:(

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Hotels have a lot more than bed bugs if there not kept disinfected. Just take a look at the incident this week at the Hilton Hotel Dulles Airport. About 100 guests and employees have been sickened by the highly contagious norovirus, forcing the hotel to stop taking reservations as it sanitizes the building, authorities said last night. Thats why I never sleep under the sheets when staying at hotels that are suspect and I always wear my socks and hat to bed.:D :D :D

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Don't let the bed bugs bite!!!!!

Bill: ABC channel 27 had a documentary the other evening about bed bugs because they are making a comeback. They can get as large as your little fingernail and leave tell tale redmarks on the sheets.They are not supposed to transmit any diseases. :rolleyes:
Here are some photos FYI.
Tight lines,

Attachments

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
When I take my boat to CBBT, I stay on the boat. Familiar surroundings and I'm never late :) 1st time, Cape Charles Marina, never again.. 2nd times a charm Bay Creek Marina.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts