Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody familiar with a guide in Venice, La.? Looking for an in shore guide and an oil rig guide. Gonna make the trip in the spring.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got back from Venice. Fished on Super Strike Charters, Damon McNight. Caught 2 Yellowfin (100lb, 80lb) as well as 2 Kings and one shark on day one. Also broke off a 200 Plus pound Yellowfin at the boat after a 62 minute fight. Day 2 we got blown out for offshore. We fished inshore for Redfish and landed 19 keepers with 10 throwbacks. Captain Chris (http://www.riversendoutfitters.com/About.html) is a great inshore guide. We stayed at his house and were treated well. My recommendation is Damon offshore and Chris inshore. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We are going in April - I will let you know.
That's probably when we're going. Two of us will drive to Jacksonville and pick up a buddy and then head to Venice. I do know the guides for in shore are around $650.00 for three and the oil rig trip is over $1250.00 for up to 4.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Call Dan Dix:
Home: 225-262-1082 Lodge: 504-534-1844
Cell: 225-939-3525
Email: [email protected]

Great boat, good lodge with a private room for $50/night. I have fished with him on two trips and will go back in the Fall.

I would caution that the Fall is usually a better time than dealing with Spring flooding.

GT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts