Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to Vero Beach in a couple of weeks. Never fished there before. Any suggestions for me, wife and three young boys?

thanks,
Doug

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Head up the road about 10 miles to the Sabastian Inlet State
Park. They have a big seawall near the beach and excellent fishing. Just go and do as the locals do. Also the Indian River has
fantastic inshore fishing wich is very similer to LTG in the bay.
Rent a johnboat and work the flats on the edge of the ICW
for, Speckled trout , redfish, snook, flounder, ladyfish and the
list goes on. The cool thing about FL is there are so many species
it makes a guy from the Chesapeak Bay's head spin.

Good luck

Bert

·
Registered
51 Posts
One block east of US Rt 1 in Sebastian is River Road (along the river). There is a tackle shop called the Fishermans Den. Ask for Mike the owner or Capt Rick Smith. They will be happy to give you guidance for fishing the Indian river. Lots of variety but small right now, unless you want to bait fish at night for big snook at the inlet.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fellas,

currently reporting from Vero Beach.

Kevin and Jamie caught many largemouth in the ponds on the golf course.

Jamie caught a Kingfish in the Indian River, and a couple of blowfish.

Kevin caught a Pompano and a ray.

Bert - you are correct - lots of species down here.

Doug[smile]

·
Registered
73 Posts
Doug: i'm visiting my parents in Vero 3/11-16th - you still gonna be there? can you bmail me how/where to catch kings/pompano. thanks, jim

·
Registered
24 Posts
Fin Fowl -

Go to Wabasso Bait and Tackle, which is on Rt. 510 just before you get to Wabasso Causeway. Get live shrimp and a simple hook and 1/4 ounce weight. The Causeway has a catwalk you can fish from. For the Pompano, use a small hairjig or small bucktail.

We tried the Sabastian Inlet as recommended by Bert. Although we caught nothing, many sheephead were being caught and many were very large. One guy tied into a 40+ in snook, but lost it.

Jamie[wink]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts