Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AHHHHH, finally back on the water. I have been talking back and forth with DJ(seadog) for several weeks now about a fishing trip. the first date was a bust do to weather. he called me on monday and said lets go for wed., so we met at solomons this morning at 6 and headed for the fishing grounds. temp was 30 deg. when i left the truck and as we headed out at a 25 kt cruise. got to the fishing grounds and started putting the 21 rod spread out. got all the rods out with out a bite. this had me a little concerned:D any way, it wasnt 2 minutes after we finished setting rods when a planer snapped. fish on!! got DJs 12 year old son on the rod and he made quick work of a fat 40 incher. well we then went almost an hour until i was able to find the fish again. then we had another board rod go off, as i was moving the other board rods while this fish was on, we had a rod on the other board go off. Dave, DJs dad, was on the first rod and Darren, DJs son, got the second rod. we got Daves fish, it was a nice 38"er and when we got Darrens leader to the boat i saw two tails:D thats right, this young man battled 2 nice 36" fish to the boat:thumbup: you would think he would have been tired by now, WRONG!!!!! the day went on with a fish at least every 20 minutes, then it was Darrens turn again when another board rod got nailed. he went to work and a few minutes later had another doubler beside the boat. we only got one of these fish though, the other broke off.:eek2: i wish you could have seen Dave and Darren battling for who was gonna get the next fish. that was greaat. poor DJ, who booked the trip mind you, only got to reel in one fish. final talley was 16 bites with 11 boated. out of the 11, Darren reeled in 7 of them. that is one tuff young man. thanks for the trip guys, really enjoyed it.:thumbup:

fishing is good and dates are still available.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jason, the grey stuff is the reason you shave your head!!!!!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Way to go guys!!:clapping2::clapping2: Very nice fish and always good to see a youngster tough it out in the cold:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Kyle; thanks for answering my call today on 68. Nice "chating" with you. I must confess though, we did not get "bubba" today. It's amazing how one fish can really fight harder than another of the same size. We put four in the boat from 10 to 11:30 this morning. The way that one was taking drag, we all thought "this is the one". But all our fish today were from 36-39 inches. Glad your charter had such a good time, you have really been putting your customers on fish. Keep up the good work, see you after this front goes through. 5th (Marty)

·
Registered
264 Posts
just want to thank you again for the trip today, we had an absolute blast i cant remember when i seen my dad have that much fun, my son said your the fish JEDI. i could see him sleeping in the back of the truck on the way home...i would yell FISH ON hed jump up wide eyed like what'ed i miss. ....not only can this guy catch big fish you should see the monster bucks he puts down there redicules........thanks again kyle catch you in the spring!:cool2:

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DJ, Darren most likely dreamed about hearing drags screaming, i do every night. seeing that young man crank on all those fish and not once asking for help, thats what makes my job the BEST in the world!!!!!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it might have been jeff, it was cold enough for it in the first part of the morning.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had some ice around the boat coming out of blakiestone. Got 2 40 inchers in about 2 hours and headed in it was nice once the sun came up i guess you where south? we where the only boat around 77 . Except for a boat called free enterprise with black planer boards he was fun to deal with for awhile.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts