Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of my decent fish have come on a feather, not the jig. Yesterday I was dragging a perch pounder with an ultralight just to see if there was any bottom life left. I passed over a very small school of rock and quick started jigging. They didn't touch it but I noticed the ultralight was bouncing. Only a barely legal fish (quickly released) but great fun and challenging on 4# test. Made my November. Yes, I know the FishBite is up the shank but the Rock did it, not my baiting.
Plant Finger Wood Thumb Nail

Cloud Watch Sky Striper bass Sleeve

· Registered
4,561 Posts
Nice catch, Steve. You never know when a fish will hit something really small or some odd scrap of material. In Sept, I found a group of really aggressive stripers and bluefish on a shallow flat. I threw white paddletails at them. The blues quickly bit off the tails. Just for fun, I tossed out the white nub of the lure that remained on the jighead shank. The fish kept slamming it until all the plastic was torn away.

One of the oddest lures I ever used was a soft plastic backbone left over from the lure molding process. I jigged at the power plant and caught a nice striper on an 18" piece of scrap. The captain and crew were amazed.
Fisherman Fish Fishing Recreational fishing Ray-finned fish

· Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I catch quite a few rock fish on very small lures while fishing for perch. View attachment 283136 View attachment 283138
Nice Andy. Given how this year has gone I might just drift the bottom all year In 2023. I don’t troll anymore and don’t live line or chum or anything similar. The casting/jigging bite for mid-day fishing has just been so tough. At least I have a great platform!
Boat Sky Watercraft Naval architecture Vehicle

· Registered
5,778 Posts
Nice Andy. Given how this year has gone I might just drift the bottom all year In 2023. I don’t troll anymore and don’t live line or chum or anything similar. The casting/jigging bite for mid-day fishing has just been so tough. At least I have a great platform!
View attachment 283139
WOW! You sure do have a good boat. I could even go in that boat. Very Nice!

· Registered
4,561 Posts
Wow John! That is some lure! Miss speaking to you at those Annapolis MSSA meetings so many years ago.
I am discussion with the speaker coordinator for the Annapolis Anglers Club (more or less the same group as the former Annapolis MSSA) about talking to their club some time over the winter. Maybe I will see you there.

· Registered
942 Posts
Nice catch, Steve. You never know when a fish will hit something really small or some odd scrap of material. In Sept, I found a group of really aggressive stripers and bluefish on a shallow flat. I threw white paddletails at them. The blues quickly bit off the tails. Just for fun, I tossed out the white nub of the lure that remained on the jighead shank. The fish kept slamming it until all the plastic was torn away.

One of the oddest lures I ever used was a soft plastic backbone left over from the lure molding process. I jigged at the power plant and caught a nice striper on an 18" piece of scrap. The captain and crew were amazed.
View attachment 283135
I think I saw that thing on a video I accidentally clicked on last night, I think it was called stripedb ass...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts