Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to replace a mike for a West Marine (Model: Aquarius II) (Serial # 200543) VHF.

West Marine wasn't much help.

Radio works fine but not much good without a mike. Has four prongs. Any ideas on what CB brand mike might be compatible?

Rich, I beleive that you have had some success matching CB to VHF?

thanks

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jerry, I tried Baynesville. Problem is, they're not sure what to recommend w/out knowing the munufacturer (Uniden etc). Evidenty, using the wrong one can damage the radio. Push come to shove, I'll try the trial and error method anyway.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know the answer to you mike question but safety is not the place cut corners.
Couldn't agree more. But I don't see how replacing a mike on a perfectly good radio is "cutting corners". It's easy enough to know if it works or not before going out on the water.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I was looking at some West Marine radios on Ebay a while back and I'm pretty sure that Uniden makes them. I'll do a bit more check though and let you know.

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
I think a cb mic. will work. I have a cobra and I just bought a brand new galaxy yesterday and the mics are exactly the same. They are four pin but I doubt they are as waterproof as a VHF mic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts