Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to put a new radio on the boat. Has anybody tried any of the new handheld VHF radios? They seem like a good idea when you have limited space on the console. Thank you for any insight. Fished Thursday around the red barns for some croaker and caught 12 or so. Berkley gulp shrimp sliced thin on a slip rig with a loop knot was the ticket. Fish were holding shallow around the crab pots.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Radio

Space is at a premium with me too but I would stick with the console unit and a good antenna. When you need range and you need to know exactly where to find it.....console unit. You can't drop it or knock it overboard either :yes:

Portable is a good secondary device but I personally would still want the fixed unit as a primary system.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Space is at a premium with me too but I would stick with the console unit and a good antenna. When you need range and you need to know exactly where to find it.....console unit. You can't drop it or knock it overboard either :yes:

Portable is a good secondary device but I personally would still want the fixed unit as a primary system.
I second that a portable might put out 4 watts where a console unit will put out 25 watts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts