Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no way of knowing how many types of weather conditions might occur during a fishing season. One look at a weather map will show all types of high or low pressure areas, several kinds of fronts, storms, warm areas, cold areas or wet and dry areas. You name it - they show it. I stopped thinking of weather in terms of temperature. I know changes in temperature will affect fish, but I view weather now in terms of light. The lighter or brighter it is, the tougher the fishing will be. The darker the condition, the better it most likely will be. Has anybody noticed, cold fronts and light conditions affect all species of fish? Some more than others. The only fish that I have noticed active right after a cold front is a carp. I have often seen them jumping following a cold front and fishermen wasting time trying to catch them because they thought they were bass or some game fish. Well they you have it, that's my excuse for getting skunked eeling at the ES yesterday after a cold snap. Give me enough time and I'll come up with another...

Good Fishin

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Slow Day Too!!

Mike,

We went way up north and it wasn't much better up there either. From Deltaville to Smith Point Light we marked lots of fish, many of which were really big, but no takers from 7am - 3 pm. At 3 we find a small number of birds (24) around fleets bay with 124 boats trolling and put 5 schoolers in the box and miss one nice fish. The good thing is that when those fish that are up north move down the bay, the lower bay will be on fire. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

So we missed a really big skunk, but not by very much.

Tight Lines,
Kevin
Weekend Mistress
Coastal Conservation Association-Virginia

PS With Capt Matt at the help I think he was sweating big time for most of the day, with that skunk leaning over his shoulder!! :D:D:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts