Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Why stop there? What state mandatory classes will be next: hunting, fishing, biking and then finally breathing? Seriously, I think it is good idea for all to consider taking a volunteer boating class like the coast guard aux. boater class, but definitely not mandatory. Let the insurance companies encourage the course, not the state.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
There already is a mandatory hunting safety class. IMHO it is one of the reasons that the number of hunters has slowly gone down over the years.

Heck, even the young men and women who just got back from serving their country in Iraq carrying an M16 have to take the mandatory class before they can get a hunting license.

The bill has been stalled on the Senate Floor for the past week. At least the Senate Ag Committee amended the bill to exempt boats with a motor less than 10 hp.

Tom

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I think its a good idea. I see a lot of boats out there, especially this time of year that are not well prepared making them a danger to themselves and the people around them. This is just one more thing maybe to keep a few of those off the water and another reason for johnny law to take them off the water. Quick question though... Will I need this class in addition to the USCG license already held, or will the class for that license override the state course?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts