Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm repowering my rig & will place my tired diesel (1700 operating hours) up for sale. The engine can be bought for parts or can be rebuilt & installed in someone's boat. The compressor is brand new, the injector pump rebuilt in 2005. The engine runs but is in need of repair. Should anyone want to see it or start the engine, the boat is at Layton's yard in Edenton (the engine will be pulled in the next 10-12 business days). Wanted to post it here before putting it on eBay.

Stuart
[email protected]

·
Registered
141 Posts
Please call me and leave a number if you would. 1700 hrs? Tired? Do you mean 17,000? 1700 is not much for a diesel.

757-552-6644

Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chris:

I mean 1700 hours. The engine is worthy of being rebuilt but my boat would still be underpowered, so I'm going with a new engine of at least 260hp. This engine should last over 3000 hours without a cylinder rebuild. As I wrote some of the parts (compressor , new in Sept of '06, injector pump rebuilt by Industrial Diesel in late '05) on the engine are brand new or almost brand new. I've got digital snapshots of the engine should you want me to send them to you.

Stu

1 - 6 of 6 Posts