Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Virginia Saltwater Sportfishing Association (VSSA) is hosting a live youtube event featuring Captain Stan Gold of Blind Date Charters and Captain Mike Avery of Seaduction Charterss on Tuesday, January 12, from 7 pm to 8 pm. Captain Stan and Captain Mike have been deep dropping our waters off Virginia for many years and and will be sharing information, locations, techniques on targeting blueline tile, golden tile, wreckfish, grouper, barrelfish, and other deep dwellers of our offshore waters. You can ask questions via the youtube chat panel and they will answer your questions live. We plan to do a speaker once per month so over time we hope to provide you with a significant amount of great videos on how to target species in Virginia.

This event is free and open to the public while streaming live. Once the live streaming has ended, the video will be available only to members of VSSA. To access the live event, visit the VSSA website at: http://www.ifishva.org/

Please put this on your calendars.

Virginia Saltwater Sportfishing Association (VSSA)
ifishva.org
joinvssa.org
https://www.facebook.com/groups/IfishVA/

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Mike, you and Stan did a great job discussing tactics and techniques for deep drop fishing. Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge and experience. This will always be a Plan B option for me but I picked up a few things that I didn't know. Will there be a follow on topic? Overnight fishing on small boats with an emphasis on swordfishing? Do you do walk on deep drop trips in the winter/spring? I was getting hungry for some barrel fish after listening to capt. stan.

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike, you and Stan did a great job discussing tactics and techniques for deep drop fishing. Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge and experience. This will always be a Plan B option for me but I picked up a few things that I didn't know. Will there be a follow on topic? Overnight fishing on small boats with an emphasis on swordfishing? Do you do walk on deep drop trips in the winter/spring? I was getting hungry for some barrel fish after listening to capt. stan.
Thanks. We do have a variety of speakers planned on a once per month basis. Open to any and all suggestion on what topics to discuss. I will do some walk on trips but the weather sure does suck this time of year so not sure how often it will let me get out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.