Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post. Brandon requested I do so. Fished Wach. today weather was great water
temp was 51-54 degrees. Caught 19 fish ,had 3 legal fish 19" to 22". Released 5 fish right on
the 18" mark. Did not catch one fish under 16 1/2". Best bait was the Wach. sandwich served
with a P-Pink hair hook. Most fish were caught in skinny water 5 to 18 ft. Not very crowed at all for opening day, I did not see one charter boat fishing hope things pick up for the charter captains.

Captain Paul

·
Registered
22 Posts
Was over at Wachapreague on Sun. afternoon and watched some of the boats come. Better be prepared for a coast guard inspection and a visit from your local VMRC. They were checking every boat coming into the ramps. Saw one boat come in with 19 keepers with 4 guy's on the boat. Nice bunch of fish.

Redfin :bigfish: :yes:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Went down yesterday for opening day at Wachapreague also. Wasn't as crowded as I expected. We did pretty well with 29 fish caught and 6 keepers up to 21.5 inches. Threw back a lot of heartbreaker fish that were 17.5-18.25 inches. Be prepared to get checked by DNR and/or Coast guard. Water was pretty clear.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You mentioned the Charter boats, I talked to a Wachapreague Charter Captain yesterday Capt. Dave Marsh on the (MIYOT) and he has given up and sold his boat Saturday
After the restrictions put on Flounder fishing, and that was most of the fishing he done he could not get his past costumers to book trips and he was not getting any calls from new costumers, he only had 2 trips book for flounder fishing for the year.

Dave you will be missed

Good Fishing Capt Frank
Nita Dream
WWW,NITADREAM.COM

·
Registered
88 Posts
We have a trip planned with Capt. Bob coming up. What a laid-back relaxing trip. I am sure the charter boat captains are really frustrated. Too bad the "officials" can not come up with a reasonable/logical minimum length requirement for the seaside flounder charters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts