Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from our annual flounder trip in Wachapreague on the Lyn B with Capt Bill Bowen. We stay at his place and have a really good time in a beautiful area chasing a great fish. The fishing reports are slow but we landed 51 fish over two days, of which 12 were keepers 17.5 inches or above. This is a size reduction from 19 inches last year. MD is 18 inches minimum this year. I just finished cleaning flounder and hope to get some crab meat for stuffing them next week. Jim

Attachments

·
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wachapreague

Mike - I could live there as well. We know a few transplants from your area that are retired from GM Baltimore. You will be hitting the fishing just right. Good luck. Jim

·
Registered
Koah Roller Speargun, 100 Euro
2,937 Posts
Great report. Good to see the flounder numbers starting to get better. Caught my first flounder in years this past week fishing the Honga with Walleye Pete; a nice 21" fish. Stuffed with crab meat is the only way to go....Don

·
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don - Way to go. We had a few fish over 20" and the largest was just under 22."

Attachments

·
Registered
9,009 Posts
Jim glad you guys had a good trip . Capt Bill is the best when it comes to flatfishing .
Capt Kevin
Kevin,STILL missed you the first week in April when I was down!! I know I had to see ya',Was in my Neighbor's 22 Keywest.Will be down as usual Memorial Day weekend.Let me know if you can do a day.We get there around 7-8 a.m. on Friday. [Mike]

·
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mike - I recommend that you eat at least one meal at the Island House Restaurant next to Capt Zed's Tackle Shop. They are under new management and chef....the food was excellent and the service was outstanding with great water views of the boats returning. My friends raved about the Smith Island cake dessert made by Becca's locally. The three cheese burger is about 1/2 lb, charcoal grilled and $8.95 with a side. Soft shells and seafood dishes were all very good, served with hot sweet potato biscuits. Really nice bar area. http://www.wachapreague.com/theislandhouse.html

ps - Kevin: If you look at the pic of Fox Lady, that's Lindsey on the left side. We don't use a mate and Bill puts us into the best zones to catch fish.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Jim I'm down to where I was when wore a ruck for a living . congrats on the retirement someday I hope to do the same . Lindsey has been working the pit on the Foxy Lady alot here lately .

Mike our annual party is sat the 28th you are welcome to come over and throw something on the grill if you want . I will be having a smith island cake from Becca's for desert .

the island house has been one of our goto places to eat . the food has changed alot and the better half loves not having to cook .
Kevin

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Jim, You picked to right two days. We were down there Fri, Sat and Sun, Fri was good with little wind , but Sat and Sun, the wind was howling. Nice report. Capt Bill sure put you on some fish. How did you like those flood tides? Sat evening we looked out of the Island House and it was water all the way to the ocean.

·
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I recommend it. Get some guys together and hire Kevin - Alby Man. He's a licensed captain and highly experienced fisherman who lives there, knows all the holes and hang-outs... makes a big difference. At least the first time.

·
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jim, You picked to right two days. We were down there Fri, Sat and Sun, Fri was good with little wind , but Sat and Sun, the wind was howling. Nice report. Capt Bill sure put you on some fish. How did you like those flood tides? Sat evening we looked out of the Island House and it was water all the way to the ocean.
We did get lucky. Skies opened up right when we hit the road back to MD. We met up in Annapolis and it's only a 2 1/2 hr. ride from there. I know, the crick was a-risin!

·
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great report. Sounds like you had a blast. I don't think I've seen it that flat this year. Always blowing 30 when I'm down there it seems
Spring fishing weather everywhere has been nuts. We already booked for next year, same time-frame so we're always at the mercy of the weather Gods.

·
Registered
9,009 Posts
Mike - I recommend that you eat at least one meal at the Island House Restaurant next to Capt Zed's Tackle Shop. They are under new management and chef....the food was excellent and the service was outstanding with great water views of the boats returning. My friends raved about the Smith Island cake dessert made by Becca's locally. The three cheese burger is about 1/2 lb, charcoal grilled and $8.95 with a side. Soft shells and seafood dishes were all very good, served with hot sweet potato biscuits. Really nice bar area. http://www.wachapreague.com/theislandhouse.html

ps - Kevin: If you look at the pic of Fox Lady, that's Lindsey on the left side. We don't use a mate and Bill puts us into the best zones to catch fish.
Jim,Been eatin there for 20 yrs. or so when we go down!Was down April 8,9 and 10..met the new Owner Blake,He is a Great young Guy!Food was Real Good,Service was real good.He is working to make it MUCH better and in a short time has done wonders as Chris and His Wife have with the Motel!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts