Tidal Fish Forum banner

wachapreaque flaties

3K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Red 
#1 ·
anybody fishing the wach. tornament, apri20th. - 29th.? sent in entry for my foursom .
Joe
CHESSIE

#5 ·
caught some nice fish last year working the flats & drains around the channels .

this year might be hard on the local charter fleet . we will just have to wait and see what the new regs are . I know whatever we end up with will hurt the local area some .

#6 ·
caught some nice fish last year working the flats & drains around the channels .

this year might be hard on the local charter fleet . we will just have to wait and see what the new regs are . I know whatever we end up with will hurt the local area some .
Kevin,As for the last 15 yrs. or so I'll most likely be down Memorial Day weekend.Reduction or not!I sure hope this is NOT the end of Wachapreague as we know it!!!!HOPEFULLY this year I'll meet up with ya'!

Seems like when I get down there,Time just flies.Probably plan more than I can handle.[Mike]

#8 ·
#10 ·
looked in my log from last year. We fished 6 days, had limits 4 days, 6 fish over 4lbs. our best day was 18 fish with 7 fish 20" or over.We will have to do alot better than that to have a limit this year, I'm sure I'll shed a few tears watching 4 18.49" fillets swim back to the bottom.

#13 ·
I'll keep you posted

looking forward to you guys coming down to the land of pleasent living . I will keep you posted on the fishing before you come .

please keep me in mind if anyone needs a HO . I know my around :rockon:

Kevin

#16 ·
You can bet your sweet a$$ the VAMP will be camped out at Capt.Zed`s.A few year ago they got two guys from PA who had a limit of nice fish. One fish that you couldn`t of got a feeler gauge to separate that fish from the Police`s gauge.The guy told the officer that "we don`t take illegal fish",but they got ticketed anyway.The guy working in Zeds told me that cop is real AH.I guess the officer knew they would not take off work and come all the back down there to call him a lair,at the hearing.That insident reminded of one of them old GA speed traps.

#18 ·
wish a fish

alright , alright no bickering here !

Here is what I'll do

you can bid on a day of guide service highest bid will get a days fishing on your rig with me as your guide . I will show you where the big fish are and how to catch them . included will be local commentary , how to navigate the area waters & some rigs you can keep to use . anytakers ?

money raised will be donated to wish a fish .

Andy I'm fishing with you & Beth when you are down .

Kevin :rockon:

#19 ·
I will be down a bunch this spring, have fished Wach. for 20 yrs and finally bought a little fishing cabin in Quinby. I need to paint the place so I will be fishing and painting. Last fall the fishing won over the painting, that needs to change. Does any one know an electrician down that way, I need some work done and its too much for me to tackle. Can't wait to fish.

#21 ·
Thanks Alby Man, I will give him a call later today. I have probably seen you down there many times, one day we will offically meet. I see you list LYN B on your post, a friend of mine was docked next to Bill last season and I talked to him at the Reading show this winter. He is about as good as they get.

#22 ·
your friend would not happen to be Pat ? I have talked with him before , he is a heck of a nice guy if it is him . I fish with Bill on offshore trips only . I will be working the boat again this year . hope to meet you if you come by the boat always willing to share a beverage and talk fishing .

#23 ·
It is Pat and you are right he is a great guy. He is new to the offshore seen, I have done it for a while and don't claim to know a lot about it. Pat will get down early this year, last year he re-powered his boat himself and did a great job, it did make him miss most of the season last year. He talks a little on TF and is learning fast. I will see you down their this season I will make sure I introduce myself. I have another friend that sold a 26 regulator last fall and bought a used 28" Gilkin and is going to tie it a the Town Marina I belive.
One way or the other I will be going off shore a fair amount I hope. Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.