Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heard there s finally some work going on with the channel dredging and the jetty. any one with a report chime in. [excited]

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
240 Posts
Contract said they had to make "substantial" progress by the first week in May. I'll give it a good look over this weekend.

·
240 Posts
Turn on 626 in Hartfield and make the first right. It's still 626 even though you turned. Follow it until you hit the Wake Post Office (very small, but US flag out front) then make the left directly in front of the PO. Follow that road down to the ramp.

·
397 Posts
You can always go to Saluda and put over at the public ramp there.

·
240 Posts
Lots of progress, but still not done.

The barge with crane was parked near the ramp, plus several other pieces of machinery in the parking lot.
Large containment boom around all the floating stuff, probably to make sure any leaking oil won't get in the water and to discourage folks from launching now.

Breakwater hasn't even been started.

Lots of folks coming down to see what progress has been done.

Won't be long now.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
anybody with an update. i was over there last week and watched the dredging finishing up. they had dredged about 100 to 150 ft straight out from the ramp/to the left even with the fishing pier and to the right over to the old seawall. they took it down 6 ft and then leveled it off. rain on friday and im off...will check it out and report back

·
240 Posts
David,
They've torn up the decking for the pier on the side of the ramp and have new wood there to install.
The plastic for the breakwater is down there as well.
Suspect it'll all be done by next weekend.

The weather was so bad last Fri and Sat that there weren't many visitors. But Sun there was a couple of kayaks out. The wind and water was so bad, it tore the boom around the work.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks jon...let me know when you take a week off and ill plan a couple excursions over there during the week. weekends are werkends for me for the most part. see ya soon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts