Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a break from the spring yard work this afternoon and went to get some herring at the dam. The bite was a little slow when we arrived and only got worse. Ended up with enough to make dinner and some crab pot bait. The best bite was in the morning from what the people said. There was a few hickory shad mixed in also. Beautiful afternoon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
how to catchem?

Do you use a cane pole stiff rod or what .What rig. I took my son fishing for them a couple of times . We could not get the hang of it . People right beside us slaying them. Seemed like they hit when you drop the rod tip. PS Is Roger Gill still working at the paper mill . He taught me how to catfish back in the 90's. He can catch fish and smoke'm. This is Todd. I worked for Chesapeake 88 through 91.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Herring work for Stripers but not as good as bunkers.

If you drop the cane pole tip too fast and put a lot of slack in the line you might not feel the fish bite. I like to just lower the tip so that the line stays fairly tight against the sinker.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.