Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is one type of fishing that alot of people either don't know about or don't have easy access to . There are many spots you can find with the aid of a good map . I caught this little feller on the incoming tide , from public access from the beach . Alot of his cousins (white perch) will be filleted later this evening . Get out and get'em !:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
It's getting about that time again!!!!!!:thumbup:
WTG

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I carry most of the Eastern Shore County Maps from ADC . There is one map that covers all of MD and DE called the MD Delaware Atlas Gazetter . It lists all public access , ramps , parks etc. There are plenty of places on the Lower Shore where fish can be had . I was fishing on the Lower Wicomico at the Clara Road Recreation Area . It's on a small bay adjacent to Shiles Creek and the Ellis Bay WMA . This time of year the incoming tide is usually best . Fresh bloodworms is the most productive bait to use . You don't need any big surf gear although alot of guys use it . I use a 6 or 7 foot MH , double bottom rig and a 2 oz pyramid sinker . The fishing will just get better every day now . These same areas will start producing big croaker by late April . There are quite a few other spots in the same general area . Here are a few :Steamboat Wharf Rd in Mt Vernon, Whitehaven Ferry , Redden Ferry on the Wicomico Creek , Roaring Point on the Nanticoke , Free Pier at Bivalve and another pier at Tyaskin , the end of Marsh Rd on the Nanticoke across the river from Vienna . All of these spots are full of perch right now and can be found on any ADC Wicomico County Map or the Gazetter . Have at it !:yes:

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
OK I've got to give that a try. I just ordered the Gazetter from the ADC people. What I'm really interested in is the croaker fishing. It's been way too long since they've been north. Any decent motels or B&B's in the area? That makes for a long day driving from Baltimore.

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK I've got to give that a try. I just ordered the Gazetter from the ADC people. What I'm really interested in is the croaker fishing. It's been way too long since they've been north. Any decent motels or B&B's in the area? That makes for a long day driving from Baltimore.
Try the Tavern House in Vienna . It's right on the water and the folks are real nice .The Tavern House bed and breakfast inn - Vienna, Maryland

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Thanks for the info Mike. :D

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just walked in the door from my pier and below Whitehaven . Cold front moved in but not much wind . We caught 4 white perch over 10" and a few white cats . Only one very small striper . Interesting , he hit a small Gulp Crab . All of the smaller perch were released . Very slow .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts