Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Kathy was running it last year. She was going to buy it but decided to move down the street and open Back River Outfitters.

·
Registered
854 Posts
They were gonna but it but the guy kept trying to up the price on them so they said heck with it and just opened the store up the road. They were going to run both.

Shayne

·
Registered
73 Posts
I keep my boat at Bell Isle and they are in the process of getting a fuel dock put in. At least there will be a place to get gas.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea, i'm one of the ones who puts in at messicks so it does suck for me. Thanks for the info guys, guess i will have to figure out another bait stop on the way. Anyone know where i can get bull minnows and ocean squid on the messick side coming in???

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Anyone know where i can get bull minnows and ocean squid on the messick side coming in???[/QUOTE said:
There's Grafton Fishiing Supply and Bishops on route 17.

For those using the public ramp where Wallaces use to be then you will pass right by Kathy's new place which is Back River Outfitters (located in the old Vanessas's building).

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
I keep my boat at Bell Isle and they are in the process of getting a fuel dock put in. At least there will be a place to get gas.
I hope you are right about the gas at Belle Isle, this has been rumored for a couple of years now. Maybe Marty will get it in this year.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
I understand that Cathy will be opening up for business at Back River Trading Post on Monday. The price for Wallace's just got too high for Cathy & Chris. Good luck finding a buyer at the asked price!

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Yea, i'm one of the ones who puts in at messicks so it does suck for me. Thanks for the info guys, guess i will have to figure out another bait stop on the way. Anyone know where i can get bull minnows and ocean squid on the messick side coming in???
hit up Randy at Pop's on Armistead. he is right behind the Ihop, great guy and the fish love his bait!

·
Registered
233 Posts
You are correct! Unfortunately I am not on the water, but I am (very close) on the way to the boat ramp. When my lease was up I moved to the property at 28 Dandy Point Road (formerly Vanasse's), now known as Back River Outfitters. We hope to provide everyone with the same good service as when we were working out of the building at Wallace's. We hope all of our customers (and many of them have) will come and see us in our new location.

We are open every day except for Wednesdays and we will close early on Sundays at 2:00 p.m.

Stop on by and check out the shop, it is twice the size as the other building and we are able to carry so much more!!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Not just yet (on the minnows), we typically don't have a lot of success trapping minnows until late April. We do have bloodworms & nightcrawlers, we will have the little green crabs this coming Thursday (4/14) and I also hope to have clams as well. The weather has not been good for clammers to get out lately. Too much wind, etc. We have the nice size white tube squid that everyone likes for Flounder, as well as the clam chum that works well for Tog. I will have eels when Cobia time comes and we are working on my tanks for spot, however, that will be somewhat of a challenge for me in my new location, but I am trying!! Come on by and check us out!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts