Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone is catching walleye in the susky below the dam, now. if so what is the best bait/lure to use? never targeted walleye before but would like to try.

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
I haven't fished for them for a couples of years. Information I'm hearing from others is that populations of walleye below the dam are a fair bit lower than 3-4 years ago when, it seems, the population had spiked to unusally high numbers. Right now the water is pretty darn cold, even for walleye. Most fisheremen were using 2"-3" twistertails on jigheads that matched the current. Most colors work well. My favorite colors varied from white, cream, natural colors and even chartreuse.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I/D say right now the best bait would be minnows on a jig head as light as you can go for the type current you are fishing.If you don/t have minnows use the new gulp in the jars. they seem to work in the Falmouth area of the river in pa. Also cast rubber stuff, twisters shads and what ever else you can get. Work the jigs slow as possible. Early morning and late evening are your best times when the water is cold like it is now. Good luck AL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts