Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today we need everyone who can to call their delegate and talk to them. Let them know you want Omega out of state waters... ask them how this can happen. Ask them what you need to do to make this happen and what your they can do to make this happen. Let them know we want more. There is still some time left. And don't forget to message us or comment on this post to let us know how it goes!

You can go to our website, I just set it up so that we can all get involved!!!! find out who your delegate is, what to say, their email address and phone numbers. I did this quick so if you see something wrong or something that needs to be added use the contact me part of the page to get to be quick so I can make the change.

http://www.chesapeakebaydefensefoundation.com/government-.html

·
Registered
884 Posts
"...in the 2015 General Assembly session, in anticipation of the Management Board lifting the catch quota, Senator Linwood Lewis introduced legislation to give the Governor authority to raise the quota when we were not in session. I, along with every other member of the Virginia Beach House Delegation voted against the increase. The measure passed 82 to 12 despite our efforts."

Looks like Senator Lewis is a good one to start with if you are in his district.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The governor knows nothing about fish why not put him in charge. Sometimes I am amazed at the whole backassed system. How can we be so dumb. Correction not sometimes ALWAYS amazed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Saw a "No Omega" sign recently on Shore Drive in Va Beach. Please Post more of those ... people who don't know will begin to ask and find out about the pillagers from Texas.

Evidently Lynwood Lewis politician is originally from the Eastern Shore according to his website... evidently a master of the "comb over" - the website claiming him to be for bay conservation. Doubtful - probably received a donation or two from Omega and cronies.
http://lynwoodlewis.com/

35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Glad someone saw the no-mega signs. I only have 2 of the original 10 left, I think someone thought they would rather have them at their house than raising awareness.

If you haven't yet please take the 4 minutes to email your delegate, everything is on this page... It is extremely important each and every one of us does this so we can get what we want... which is omega out of the bay.

http://www.chesapeakebaydefensefoundation.com/government-.html

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey - in light of your signs disappearing, perhaps a billboard message is in order! How much would that cost I wonder perhaps on I 64 or on a similarly major thoroughfare?
Seriously though, your efforts are greatly appreciated...I went to your website and looked into the Donations area. Does it allow for making donations via Paypal?
I didn't see that possibility and think it would behoove your efforts if Paypal is a payment vehicle - at least in my case.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Hey - in light of your signs disappearing, perhaps a billboard message is in order! How much would that cost I wonder perhaps on I 64 or on a similarly major thoroughfare? Seriously though, your efforts are greatly appreciated...I went to your website and looked into the Donations area. Does it allow for making donations via Paypal? I didn't see that possibility and think it would behoove your efforts if Paypal is a payment vehicle - at least in my case.
Agree, PayPal is a good idea to take donations and sell supporting merchandise like t-shirts. The city zoning guy is probably picking up the signs unless they are on private property.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm a resident of MD and fish the middle bay area. Is there anything us MD residents can do to help fight Omega? Would it help for us to contact your delegates and let them know what we think of Omegas practices? What they are doing in your waters affects us as well.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I'm a resident of MD and fish the middle bay area. Is there anything us MD residents can do to help fight Omega? Would it help for us to contact your delegates and let them know what we think of Omegas practices? What they are doing in your waters affects us as well.
Well we certainly appreciate your concerns and can use all the help we can get. I would think contacting your governor and the Atlantic states marine fisheries commission would be a good place to start. Word will travel. Maybe your congressional reps too, the bay is a national resource.

35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A billboard would be great but they are not cheap.

There is a link for paypal on the donate page. I will make it clearer so people can see.

I set up a mail chimp account with all of the delegates names (mass mail service). I sent out 100 emails this morning. 58 were opened. I received ten replies all of which were peositive. We just have to keep going. More more more. I made the subject line "one company that is controlled by the general assembly is ruining the bay for future generations. Urgent please read."

It doesn't matter where your from. Pick a delegate and email. Just don't tell him you are from maryland!!!

I doubt the zoning guy took my signs on a sunday afternoon!!!! I would be tempted to take one for my house if I saw one, I knew that would happen. They were out for a weekend I'm sure alot of people saw them and smiled. Or said what is that. Glad people are writing their delegates. This is the right direction!!!!

Thanks,
Steven Epstein

·
Registered
884 Posts
If you don't have time to write, and looking to make year end charitable donations, please consider the Ches Bay Defense Foundation. As a registered 501c(3), your contribution is tax deductible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts