Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Baltimore Canyon To Hatteras Canyon Out To 36n 70w To 34n 71w

Tonight
W to SW winds 25 to 35 kt...increasing to 35 to 45 kt...except to 50 kt E of 1000 fms. Seas 4 to 8 ft building to 9 to 13 ft...except to 21 ft E of 1000 fms. Highest winds and seas NE. Scattered showers...becoming isolated.

Fri And Fri Night
NW winds 40 to 50 kt diminishing to 30 to 40 kt Fri...highest NE. Seas 9 to 14 ft...except to 23 ft E of 1000 fms...highest E. Isolated showers.

Sat
NW winds 25 to 35 kt early...diminishing to 20 to 30 kt. Seas subsiding to 7 to 10 ft...except to 18 ft E of 1000 fms. Highest winds and seas far E. Isolated showers ending late.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Well, this Longfin is sitting in his office and I don't get seasick. Gonna have a booth at the National Capital fishing show in Bethesda for our company tomorrow if anybody is around that area. It's a Trout Unlimited thing so, Whoohoo!:thumbup: (I hate little fish).

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
never heard much of any large migration of Longfins anywhere, in fact a couple years ago boats went in Jan to the Wilmington and caught several when the weather got real warm. They obviously hit some sort of wall (the gulfstream) since they are extremely rare not too much south of the Norfolk, so I wonder where they are now.

As deep as they stay most of the time surface temp may not mean as much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts