Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well after our trip for Catfish yesterday ended early due to rain I decided to go to Rudee Inlet this am and use the mullet I had taken for bait yesterday. I did get a 24.5 pound 37 inch Blue Catfish before the rain started.

My crew who were going with me decided to sleep in this morning so I left the house at 0800 and launched at Rudee inlet for a solo trip. Tide was just starting to come in and the water was 45 degrees, gusty winds but back in the cove it was ok. (We wont have many 60 degree days in december so I had to go today)

:bigfish:I set up on one of my drum holes and set out 3 rods... in short order one of the rods took off and before I could get it out of the holder the rod snapped about 7 inches from the tip....doh...I managed to get the fish a 31 inch red drum in the boat and measured and tagged it and released.

Fish were biting pretty steady and I caught 22 fish today.

This was my best drum fishing trip of the year. I kept three 25 inch fish and tagged 19 Red Drum on that hole.

my tally for today:
1 broken fishing rod

1- 31 incher
4- 30 inch fish
1- 29.5 inch
1- 29 inch
1- 28 inch
2 27 inch fish
3- 26 inchers
3 25 inchers which I kept for dinner
6- 18-22 inch fish

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Damn Kevin!!! Im going this sunday if it doesnt rain. Hopefully I can put a few in the boat. Did you break one of the millionaires cuz that would suck

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ben,

It was an ALLSTAR rod that I have used for about 10 years so I guess I have gotten good use from it. I dont know how long the Drum will stay if the cold weather this week drops the temps much more. I just couldnt pass up a 60 degree day in December!! Every one of them came off the same spot as the 27 incher from last weekend....Good luck
Kevin

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Nice job Kevin!! aka DRUM SLAYER!!!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Il have to hit it up sunday then after finals. If i dont have a test i have work so im stuck till sunday. Now i just have to hope it isnt gonna rain. That warm up definitely turned them on for sure. If the drum dont happen sunday ive got some trout that ive been neglecting so ill have to hit them up instead

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Hey kevin dont all star rods have a lifetime warranty???? Double check that man. And hey i cooked up that drum from last time in the oven with some veggies... one of the best fish ive ever had

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
kevin you are the man! heck of a job.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Meyer,

you wrote......................
"my tally for today:
1 broken fishing rod " ..............

:poke1::scratchchin3::scratchchin3: I see some things haven't changed (LOL).......
but on a serious note.....damn boy.... you sure did slay those fish!!Awesome job out there brother Meyer!!!! :yes::thumbup:

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Kevin - you've been whacking the Reds buddy... GOOD JOB. You need to hang that rod in the fishing room!
The pup population is depending on it (LOL)....... Congrat again Meyer on some outstanding red fishing!!!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Allstar rods have a lifetime warranty'mail it back to them. You're killing Ben ,stop telling him about the big fish so I can get my money's worth out of his tuition
Ben,

It was an ALLSTAR rod that I have used for about 10 years so I guess I have gotten good use from it. I dont know how long the Drum will stay if the cold weather this week drops the temps much more. I just couldnt pass up a 60 degree day in December!! Every one of them came off the same spot as the 27 incher from last weekend....Good luck
Kevin

1 - 19 of 19 Posts