Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Gang

I figured the board needed a warm weather report, so I took it upon myself to head to South Andros, Bahamas. Kidding aside, had the trip planned for a while, went with my friend Tom M, Billy (Tom's boat captain), Barrett (friend who I originally met in Argentina/Patagonia and author of the new Argentina/Patagonia Fly Fishing Guide Book Fly-Fishing in Patagonia: A Trout Bum's Guide to Argentina
you should check out, and Jack Stafford and Bonnie Ellis, a husband and wife biologist team from Flathead Lake Research Lab out in Montana. We were investigating doing a bonefish study we have been working on. The trip was a success in all ways. The weather this time can be a little rough with the cold fronts and prevailing northeast winds, but we managed to get out on plenty of flats and catch plenty of fish and have some fun.

We stayed at Bairs Lodge which is located about 25minutes by car south of Congotown. We fished the creeks and flats on the east and west side and all the way south to the tip of the island. The bones are not as big as the ones that we find up in the Berry Islands where we go a lot, but what you do find is a lot of fish in the 3-4lb class, some 5lb ers and a few bigger ones. Billy landed one about 8lbs, I got one around 6lbs, and Tom landed one around 8lbs and Barrett hooked into what the guide said was a 12lber, Billy saw it and said it was the biggest one he has seen. Lost it in the mangroves.

Some pictures below for your viewing pleasure:D

Flats at low tide

Flats as far as you can see back in Grassy Creek which we fished

More flats on the east ocean side where we found some bigger bones

Nice bone that fell to one of my Blanco Bunny Bone flies

Mr Bonefish with a Blanco Bunny Bone up close and personal

Dinner with some other guests, all retired well known heart surgeons, we got a lot of heart info at dinner

Barrett provided us close hand card magic shows at night, admission was free, the tricks impressive

Barrett with a nice shark he hunted down

Barrett with a nice bonefish

Barrett with a nice cuda

Me with a bone

Billy received the prize for the most interesting wading shorts award, look close

Billy proving that the wading shorts can catch bones, this one right out front of the lodge

The shorts can also catch these, Billy really is like Steve Erwin

Tailing bones

A nice tail

Gotcha

This is what happens when you hook one of those tailing bones

And here he is for you

Chasing bones on the beach of the flat

The last day we had a fantastic day and we came to the lodge and put the boat away, sure enough tailing bones were coming down the beach, I grabbed my rod and jumped on the boat and caught three bones in ten minutes out of the school less then a stones throw away from the lodge. This one was the last one of the day and of our trip. Always make that one last cast.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Well Chief all I see are red XXXX's Glad you had a good time and caught some bones. Give me a call tonight after 7:30 or Friday evening if you get a chance. Can't wait to see the pic's....

·
Registered
929 Posts
You guys should not be so critical of our Angler In Chief. After all he has not been using a computer for long.;-);-);-)

GT

·
Registered
902 Posts
Great
But I like pictures.

Where are the pictures ? :clap:

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I'm too tired to fix them all, but if you right click on the red x, copy the URL, and then paste it into your address bar, you will see them.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I'm too tired to fix them all, but if you right click on the red x, copy the URL, and then paste it into your address bar, you will see them.
Jeez Josh.... I dont want to work that hard to see Brandon's Boning Tail! I will just wait for him to fix it! :D:D:D

Hey Brandon... it was 18* when I left my house on Saturday morning to fish with MartinM on his 25' CC. I hope youre nice and warm down there buddy!:D:D:D

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Tailing bones

A nice tail

Gotcha

This is what happens when you hook one of those tailing bones

And here he is for you

Chasing bones on the beach of the flat

You know these captions and no pictures dude

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
After I copied and pasted the URLs into another window, I could see the pics in this thread too. Can't explain it, but that's what happened.

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think I have them all working now. I need to shake the computer geek rust out from being away from it:eek::D:fishing2:

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Nice report & GREAT pics Brandon!!! :thumbup: Someday....maybe...I'll make it that way for some feeshn!!

BTW- the last 2 pics are red x's on my puter. :confused:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts