Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Seeing forecasts of very high tide last night and this afternoon. Any one give me a real time update as to how high above normal? Think high tide on South rvr is around 2:45 pm Saturday

Trying to decide if need to go check lines.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Seeing forecasts of very high tide last night and this afternoon. Any give me a real time update as to how high above normal?

Trying to decide if need to go check lines.
Anytime there is a question as to the safety of your vessel, it's prudent to make the trip to the marina and check on your investment. After you secure your vessel, if you see other problems, and the marina operator is overwhelmed, ask if you can lend a hand.:yes:

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Low tide in Deale is right about now and it's easily a foot over a normal high.....with this E/Se wind blowin it'll come up another 2 feet by high tide around 2:00 pm......

If there's any TF'ers who wet-slip in Deale and have a long drive down need their lines checked, PM me......live nearby and just putzing round the house today....be glad to save you the drive.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
i looked at the noaa surge site, should be about 2' above normal high tide marks. with the south wind it will be pushing water in and it will be worse on the western side. good idea to check your lines. if you keep at boat in shady side, parrish creek and give me a good descrition of it and its location, i can check for ya.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
RM - Not sure where your boat is. I can't find anything for Deale, but you can get close. Go to the following site, then click on "Thomas Point Light" or "Annapolis". Then click on "3 Days WL/MET". The real-time tide level is shown by the red line on the graph.

Chesapeake Bay PORTS ®

You'll find most of the western tribs will be having the same tidal action during SE winds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts