Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to run seafoam through my motor today and also fire her up for the first time this year. I could never get the motor to run for very long because of the seafoam but I could never get any flow through the pisser. I took the LU off and the pump doesn't look bad at all. No cracking on the impeller. Housing looked like it didn't get to hot and melt anything. I am going to replace the impeller and gaskets tomorrow. Anyone have any suggestion on why it wouldn't piss? I checked flow through the motor and water flowed. Maybe not enough water pressure? How long can you run the motor until you should shut it down because of no flow?

Any help is well appreciated!!!!!! Aslo when you reinstall do you need to clean all mating surfaces? Use any sealant?

Jonathan

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
With no engine info I can't tell you whether sealant is required or not. If there's no sealant in there when you take it apart then don't use sealant. Always make sure all surfaces are clean whether you use sealant or not. Visual inspection is not the best indicator of WP performance. I prefer a pressure gauge and watch mine religously.

Blow compressed air through the tell-tale or snake weed wacker line through the line. Probably just something stuck in hose.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Pisser Not Working??

Jonathan,
Before you do any major work, try disconnecting the hose from the engine to the pisser and either blow air or water with some pressure through it. Or take it apart and clean it out. A lot of times small spyders and things like to over-winter in these tubes. It is very common.

Bob

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bob H its a mecrury 125 year 2000.

Capt. Bob. I'll make sure to do that today. I already have the lower unit off. Hey I look at it like this its a learning experience for me. Now I know how to take my lower unit off and I know where my water pump is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts