Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning a trip to Wachapreague , either end of April or start of may. Is there a good water surface temp to look for?

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Most like to see at least 50 degree water down there for flounder, but by the end of April the temps will be fine. We sometimes start the third week in March if the temps are right. If May is like last year, you're in for some great flounder action.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
late april & early may water temps will be fine . fishing should be good just about anywhere in the area . if you want a guide for the day on your boat please let me know . I am offering great rates for the 2011 season .

Capt Kevin

PS Jack when are you guys coming down ? also the island house has new owners and menu changes , things there are sure different now .

·
Registered
103 Posts
late april & early may water temps will be fine . fishing should be good just about anywhere in the area . if you want a guide for the day on your boat please let me know . I am offering great rates for the 2011 season .

Capt Kevin

PS Jack when are you guys coming down ? also the island house has new owners and menu changes , things there are sure different now .
That's sounds pretty neat. What would something like that run. I need a guide on the area. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Kevin, Flounder Fest is April 8, 9 and 10 this year. Want to fish? We are staying in Captains Cove and we may not make the run to Wachapreague if the bite is on there. I'm taking my boat this year and you are welcome any day. Last year we did well there after we left you, so why make the drive? I will be down at Wachapreague in May with the wife, so if April does work maybe we can get together then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts