Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I post this only because it is somewhat suprising to me how quickly the water temp has dropped. I went out of Solomons this past Monday and the water temp was 48-49 degrees.

The cold wind really dropped the water temp. I just got back from Solomons and the water temp now is 41-42. I don't know what the CBBT is but I bet it's prime time there.

I guess wind really whipping the waves cools the surface temperature quickly, but a 6-8 degreed drop over a period of six days is very very major. Now they're talking about snow too, man those fish are rolling out!

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, whoever forecast that northwest wind was completly wrong. Try straight east. My boat was like an ice skating rink.

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Francis-

48.6 at the CBBT this morning, so it is falling more slowly. Still great catching temp if we can get a window to go. The only time I see this week that looks good is Tues and Wed. Considering going down Mon afternoon and trying to fish those two days. For some reason the marine forecast has not updated yet. It is stuck on Sat. at 10 PM.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I have 43 inside the mouth of the Magothy this morning. My dog was still swimming, came out and ran around with icesicles dripping off him. Then right back in. Obviously warmer in the water than out! -Shawn

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
What's really exciting is that the ocean temps at Duck Pier are still 50, so all the big fish in the bay are going to head for the ocean and stop in that 50 degree water. Feb. could be shaping up to be some of the best fishing any of us has ever seen. I know I'm going to watching temp and wind and when it's good heading south to the ocean. What do you all think?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts