Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The winds may be keeping many of us from fishing this week but the good thing is that the water temperatures in the bay are falling rapidly. The magic temperature for the big fish is usually 55 degrees. We may be only about 2 to 3 weeks away. Anyone else have any thoughts on this? :fishing2::fishing2::rockon:

NDBC - Station CBBV2

·
Registered
45 Posts
I fished Sunday night on that outgoing tide after that big blow and inside the SBC at the CBBT there were literally thousands of gulls. I saw two gulls die as an 18 wheeler came down the bridge. THEY WERE THICK, but not really feeding Figured the water would be alive with schoolies and we only caught 3 in about an hour. Went over to the second island and sratched out a respectable limit, but barely. This is the slowest I have seen it in 12 years. Need a drop in water temp asap. Going to be another late bay season......

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Talked to an old friend who went out yesterday and did nothing again....he's been at it for 30 years and said its been the worst year overall he can remember...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I havn't heard to many reports of anyone fishing at night under the lights. I wonder if that's slow to?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Its been a slow season for everything this yr, the striper fishing will pick up soon. The water temp at the mouth of the Rapp dropped 5 deg C over the weekend, keep that up and it will soon be on :)

H.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts