Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has received any info about banded birds they bagged this year. This year was the first time I harvested a bird with a Fish & Wildlife Service band and I am eagerly awaiting the info. The band info was called in, in mid-January.

·
Registered
500 Posts
It can take a long time to hear back when you report bands during the middle of the season. I reported a neck collar sighting this winter and got my card back in around 1.5 months, but I think those are done in a different office. I report using the web site, I usually hear back within 2-3 months and have even been called for clarification of the location.

the web link: http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/bbl/homepage/call800.htm

·
Registered
358 Posts
Killed a banded goose Thanksgiving morning 2004. Called it into the USGS that day (a live person actually answered the phone), had my certificate in less than a month.

Pete

·
Registered
33 Posts
The banding lab is going through some database restructuring right now. I am a bander and got a message saying that correspondence, band returns, submissions, etc. would take longer than normal for the next couple of months. Once everything is finished turn around time should be alot quicker. They have already revamped the online band submission site. Got a nice quick return on many hawks, owl, and songbirds recaptured this past fall (but all of those were submitted before I got the notice about the delays).

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am still waiting on a mallard I shot around the end of December. I guess the earlier post explains the delay. I was going to call the numbers back in but not now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You can always call the Williamsburg VDGIF office and ask one of the biologists. They do not control the band info, but may be able to give you some general information........

Support VAWFA
www.vawfa.org

·
Registered
184 Posts
I took a green head with a NC band opening day in nov. and havent heard a word. And i called it in the same day.
Going on 4 months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts