Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an invite to fish w/ my son Spencer on the Waterman today.:yes: It's been awhile since I've been able to go fishin' so I looked forward to the opportunity to get back on the water :fishing2:. Left Rudee @ 8 heading to the CBBT w/ a boatload of newbies to striper fishing with great expectations. Captain Mike Standing didn't let us down. :thumbup: It was a cluster @ the 3rd so after a couple of passes we made our way towards the eastern shore for some open water trolling between the Fisherman's Island & Plantation Light. :clapping2: Gotta love a BIG Wide Boat when it comes to trolling a spread ! :)) Don't have to worry about what to pull cuz we're goin' to pull everything ! :clap: I'm not used to that ? :confused: 3 umbrellas, no problem . 12 rods , no problem ! I'm lovin' this ! :pp Mike the Mate stayed on top of the spread thoughout the day. 1st. fish , youngest angler (10 yr.old ) was a 48" 45# slob scratch in the box .:bigfish: We picked our way thru a total of 6 beautiful Rock before calling it a 1/2 day. :)) White did better than chartreuse , umbrellas better than over/under shads. Thx. to Capt. Mike for making today a day to remember for our crew . It was a blast just to be there .....;-

Tally 6 fish
1-48" 45 lb.
5 over 30 lbs.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Thanks for the report. Nice job on the fish. Plenty of meat. I bet the boy had his hands full with the hog. He won't forget today.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Nice job putting the fish in the boat!!

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Big Fish Report

Scott,

Those are some real nice fat fish for the box. :bigfish::bigfish::bigfish:

Nice Going!

Kevin
Weekend Mistress
Coastal Conservation Association-Virginia

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Man I have chewed threw my finger nails 10 times already up here in NY! YIKES.

I am leaving early tommorrow and might jump out of the car onto someones boat going over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel.

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thx. guys, it was all good ! :clapping2: The best part was watchin' the boys reelin' in. :bigfish: I'm sure all 3 of them think there's nothin' to catchin' trophy Rocks ! ;-) Just get up , get on & reel in ? :D The 10 yr. old is ruined for life . :yes: 1st. Striper 45 lbs. :eek: Spencer hung in there sharin' in his buddies moment ! :)) Again I'd like to thank Captain Mike Standing & his Waterman for a day to remember for all of us .......:fishing2::rockon:;-)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Scooter you have officialy won the most ever icon/ smileys ever posted in one thread award!
Good fishing and Im glad spence was part of your day, By the way good seeing the other night and give nato a call about your house,
Peace

1 - 14 of 14 Posts