·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winners: Eric Gwinn, Travis Clack, Scott Cannon

250.....1st place: 17.02.....Eric/Travis/Scott
245.....2nd place: 15.16....John/Josh
240.....3rd place: 14.98.....Dayton/Chris
235.....4th place: StriperJoe/Cannonball (tie)
235.....4th place: Hugh/Kenny (tie)

River came up from Thursday nights/Fridays rain. It was over the dock and rising. Muddy and running pretty good.

Josh, the scale thing makes since to me now. I almost screwed ya. I corrected it above.

I will post points later. I left the other paperwork in the truck and I am taking a nap.

Sorry the rest of you missed it. Catching was poor today. I guess those that showed up just didn't have enough experience.

Dayton

·
Registered
556 Posts
[q] WATKINS LANDING TOURNEY

STAY AT HOME. I WILL ENTER THAT TOURNEY AND WIN IT........
I HAVE FISHED THAT RIVER FOR 18 YEARS . PUT UP OR SHUT UP..................................
[/q]

?????????

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are the current points. This is a list of people who have fished at least 2 of the 3 tournaments so far. Remember that the Angler of the Year will be your best 7 of 8 tournaments, so I will keep a running total (throwing out your lowest finish).

....Angler.................2.of.3
Travis Clack..............500
Josh Fitchett.............495
Scott Cannon...........495
Eric Gwinn................495
Kenny Pence............490
Hugh Self.................485
David Smith..............485
Dayton Keene..........485
Wayne Long.............467
Joe Cannn................467
Meridith Cannon.......467
Thomas Mallory........463
Donnie Keesecker....463

Angler of the Year Pot is currently $130.

Dayton

·
Registered
766 Posts
MW(the older & wiser part of Team Cannonball) and I would have won BUT................we didn't catch any fish PLUS...................there was no senior division ! That sux ! Striperjoe[tongue]

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Big Cat. Can you cut and paste a larger image of those two fish that were locked at the head? The spawn is a weird thing.

Dayton

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
1,292 Posts
I have seen numerous catfish (forget the species) where one is wedged in the other's mouth. The fish being "swallowed" is usually waaaay too large to think the other one was eating it. Is that how they spawn?

·
Registered
556 Posts
I believe Don Sweet has two on video that are doing that on the surface at Santee Cooper. Not much is known about their spawning habits. It is interesting to see the battle scars and "holes on the head" wounds on the post spawn blue cats.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Interesting?? GTB, the comments that I made about the Watkins Landing tourney didnt pertain to you !!! But this does. Answer me this? 1) The fish that was featured in Feild & Stream that was being held bye YOU on the dock at Deep Bottom, who caught that fish??????????????????????
ANSWER : WASNT YOU!!!!!

2)What was the biggest fish you caught that day????????
ANSWER: WASNT THE ONE THAT WAS IN THE MAGIZINE.

3)When I enter a tourney I finish it . I dont wait till everyone has left the tourney and load the boat. You do very well in the tourneys but when you dont you dont come back to the weigh in. One other angler has that issue. Its OK BUT WHATS UP??

ANSWER: WHO KNOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET HER DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND HER SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Let me parapharse that for you folks that don't speak idiot.

"yada yada....yada yada...get me another brew, I can still feel my fingers...yada yada!"

So Fatty Kitty, instead of speculating on things, lets focus on things you know! Please tell us all about your experience being featured in a national magazine. We are waiting to here allllllllllll about it!

Watch it fellas, those grapes are sour!

Dayton

·
Registered
650 Posts
Dayton, I agree with you, fatty cat or what ever the freek his name is has alot of SOUR GRAPES going on. Some people just don't get it. Doug.

·
Registered
153 Posts
What an A**hole. Just from your comments on this board i would not reccomend anyone to your guide services. As for the picture of the fish in the magazine, we didnt see you in the magazine or on other web sites because of your expertise.

·
Registered
556 Posts
FatCat......let's backtrack a little......you said you were going to fish the Watkins tourny and win....I just ribbed you a little and reposted "your" post b/c you didn't fish it. If you were at the tourny you would have seen me joking with everyone that I only showed up to fish b/c you were going. no harm was intended. If I posted something saying that I was going to show up and win a tourny and then I didn't fish it......I would expect everyone on this board to give it to me.(including you). would I get upset? not hardly. It comes with the territory. Now, go back and find one post from me that attacks you on a personal level. I can find a few from you. All I have to do is go to the sturgeon post and find one from you. There are numerous other ones from you attacking other members of this board....and contrary to your opinion...Bill Hilton did catch that sturgeon. For some reason you have a personal grudge against me. I don't know why. I really don't even know you. We've probably said two words to each other. If you have a problem with me then give me a phone call.

now to answer your other comments. I don't know what you are referring to when you say I don't come back to weighins. The only time I can think of is one East Coast Tourny which I stayed out and fished b/c I knew I didn't have enough to place. What's wrong with that? Eberwein, Petie Bourne, Eric Parrish, and a million other friends of mine do the same thing from time to time. and who cares what we do??????

now, your other question...no I didn't catch that fish in the picture. Bill Hilton did. The story is this. The writer came and fished with me and didn't bring a camera. We caught about 21 citations in two days of fishing(the article only mentions 5 fish for some reason?). Then I get a call about 4 months later from Field and Stream saying they want a picture. so they send a photographer to fish with me for 1 day only. He picked a day where the wind was blowing about a zillion miles an hour. We did catch a few nice fish up to 40 lbs from which the photographer took some photos. During our trip I get a call from Bill saying that he caught a 50lb fish. The photographer immediately wanted to take a picture of it. So I told Bill to keep it alive and I'd meet him at the dock at the end of the day. Long story short....numerous photos of the fish were taken with Bill holding the fish. me holding it and both of us holding it. I told the photographer that I if he used a picture of the 50lb fish that I wanted it to be the one of both Bill and I....but it didn't happen. I wish Bill had gotten credit for the fish but I didn't have any control of the article.

Now, is there anything else that you need explaining?

One last thing....before you bash me on a public forum...it might be a good idea to get to know me first. Then if you don't like me then that is your perogative.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts