Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
was neat to see a charter/comm. speak out like cato did last nite on the news. i was like "get em, sick em!" wavy is not gonna let this drop as long as they smell a headline.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
· 4 hours ago
Well I appreciate the coverage, but it was all for not. The NCDMF met today and with Mikey Daniels seconding the motion, the trawler season reopened today. What a joke! We need the national board to step in along with other eastern seaboard states. Remember that these are the same fish that are off of VA and MD coast when they aren't here. Also, the disgard numbers need to be looked at also. The question needs to be asked how this data was gathered? I am a charter captain and I release more than I bring in and I watch my fish swim away. I don't see any trawler fish swimming away. This is an insult to our intelligence.

·
Registered
456 Posts
:52::mad:
· 4 hours ago
Well I appreciate the coverage, but it was all for not. The NCDMF met today and with Mikey Daniels seconding the motion, the trawler season reopened today. What a joke! We need the national board to step in along with other eastern seaboard states. Remember that these are the same fish that are off of VA and MD coast when they aren't here. Also, the disgard numbers need to be looked at also. The question needs to be asked how this data was gathered? I am a charter captain and I release more than I bring in and I watch my fish swim away. I don't see any trawler fish swimming away. This is an insult to our intelligence.
:eek2::soapbox::52::mad:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I read they also opened the specs to the commercials while it remains closed for the recs. NC looks like some 3rd world corrupt country but then our politicians are on Omega's payroll. Repeat after me- Public lynchings.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
So they fill their nets and keep the biggest ones to make their qouta. What a sickening joke of a law. Thanks Rick for speaking out.

Kevin
Weekend Mistress

1 - 11 of 11 Posts